We’re only a day away from Sony’s (not so) “secret event” where the PS4 will be revealed and here’s a list of everything you need to know, what’s being rumored, and what’s being debunked. Also, be sure to check back tomorrow for updates as the news rolls in.
What We Know…
- The Specs: Based on leaked dev kits the system will run on an 8-core AMD CPU and GPU similar to their Radeon HD 7850.
- Optical Blu-Ray Drive will be included
- Price: $400
- Late 2013 release date for Japan and North America; likely November
- Cloud Storage
- Heavy Social Media integration
- Redesigned controller as seen below: Notice the touchpad, iMotion sensor, distanced sticks and lipped edges.
- Is 4k capable for streaming
- Backwards compatible: this was up for a lot of debate, but Sony has hinted it will be backwards compatible with some sort of streaming
- No more used games: perhaps the most contentious of the rumors, it’ll probably end up being the largest talking point of the day
- It will not be called “Orbis” to coincide with the “Vita” title – thus creating ‘Circle’ and ‘Life’ – ahh clever idea Sony
- No more discs: although a novel idea, America’s internet infrastructure isn’t advanced enough to support that, yet…
- And no, it doesn’t bend…